Monday, February 2, 2009

Why Start a Blog?

I have been teaching for just less than twenty years. During those years, I have been searching for the one thing in education that I could be passionate about, specialize in and excel at. Obviously the use of the English language was not going to be my strength. Over the years I have explored many different possibilities. Nothing really worked for me until computers entered my classroom. I knew I had an understanding of their power to engage students. While computers sat in many rooms unused my students clamored and begged for more activities.

That was 10 years ago. With the age of interactive boards and web 2.0, I think I have found my area of specialization. Teachers are more motivated then ever to learn about and integrate technology into the classroom. I am more than eager to show what can be accomplished with technology.

I am so excited about all of the technology available to my students and me that I am driving my fellow teachers crazy. They asked for a little help on a small project they are trying and I try to share it all. I need a new outlet for all my ideas. Teachers in the building in which I work need me to share less. Something hard to do when you are so excited about the possibilities.

So…
Using some of the tools I have learned about in training, I will expand my voice beyond the walls of my school building. Hopefully there is someone who will read this blog. Hopefully there is someone who will make use of its information and be as excited as I am about technology in the classroom.

Stay tuned for tech tips from the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment