Friday, March 20, 2009

Activboard Comes Alive With Interactive Math Activities

My gifted 3rd grade students started a geometry unit this week. In an effort to prepare my lessons and make flip charts for the students, I took some time reviewing interactive math websites. I thought I would share the sites that work well with the interactive white boards.

Venn Diagram
Shape Sorter:
Activity includes a mystery sort. Students must use critical thinking to figure out the rules of the sort.






Shape Tool:
Demonstrates the translations, reflections and rotations of shapes.







What's My Angle?
Help teachers teach angle measurement and how to use a protractor.







Hidden Picture:
Review geometry vocabulary and reveal a hidden picture.







Additional sites with great interactive activities in all areas of mathematics:

Illuminations
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
Shodor Interactivate: Activities

2 comments:

  1. Some great links.

    Nice to see my old protractor game still gets hits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Mark, you should have made some money from it!

    ReplyDelete